Thursday 27 June 2013

Isaiah's Writing on the Theme of Setting

Monday 24th June 2013
LO: I am learning to use excellent examples of vocabulary, technique and description to write a description of a setting that makes my reader feel like they are there.


The block door was cold. As I went to open it the metal sucked all the warmth out of my hand. I arrived at my green, glossed front door and dried my soaked to the bone feet. The doors whirred open after I jerked my key about in the lock. I entered and I brushed my rough, large fingers along the old, rundown wooden shoe rack. I strolled casually into my living room and sat down on the black leather chairs. Next to the chairs, stood a silver Sony TV with Sky+. Above the chair, was a desktop computer. It whirred and clogged as I switched it on. I glanced at all the photos in my living room and  I was so amazed. I twirled the TV control about in between my fingers for a second and I felt the tingling sensation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment